I blog, therefore I am

This is my adventure into learning about Web 2.0. I am thrilled to the marrow as they say and really want to know and learn as much as I can. Ciao!

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Week 7 - Wikis - I really enjoyed reading the Discovery Resources on wikis especially the ones about libraries. I had a vague notion about what wiki's were but not to the extent of them actually being like your own web page. I love the fact that it levels the playing field and that anybody can create a "web page." It is somewhat of an analogy for what the library does for customers in offering free internet access. I think libraries can make use of the community input aspect. That is sometimes the hardest thing to obtain but the one thing we really need to know. Also acting as the community hub is a great idea, kind of like the community referral file of long ago. It would really give you the inside scoop into your community. Call it "Community Confidential."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home