I blog, therefore I am

This is my adventure into learning about Web 2.0. I am thrilled to the marrow as they say and really want to know and learn as much as I can. Ciao!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Week 8 - continued - I checked out Last FM just to see what this was about. Interesting site. You can set up an account for yourself or just search it. I searched for several different musicians and bands. It gives you a brif bio on the musician and an image, a link to similar artists, tags, recent posts regarding the artist/band, a discography etc. You can then look at their fans and see who else is listening to them and what other music their fans are listening to. And also who their friends are and their musical interests. It's truly a web in that sense. I could see how it could be useful in a library setting if say a customer said they liked a particular artist, can you recommend someone similar, it might help. Although I don't know how reliable it is as a source. It did have great graphics and album covers. So yes, it could probably answer some questions. I'm not sure how the library would use it unless we entered our titles and tried to make it like a finding tool for customers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home