I blog, therefore I am

This is my adventure into learning about Web 2.0. I am thrilled to the marrow as they say and really want to know and learn as much as I can. Ciao!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Week 9 continued - NetLibrary - I established a NetLibrary account which was fairly easy. Searching the database was kind of clunky. Not the most sophisticated search capabilities I've ever seen. I like the fact that it had 'similar items' listed as well as an audio preview. Although there were some subject headings, I was hoping there would be a brief written summary of the book or perhaps a review. I couldn't seem to find one. The alphabetical list of subject headings could have been a little more descriptive. To have a category entitled 'Nonfiction' with 70 titles lumped in there is quite time consuming to have to look through. As long as NetLibrary has been around now I would have thought their searching capabilities would have been better than they are. It's a good thing there's only 1300 some titles to search. I am looking forward to hopefully having a MP3 player to download an ebook to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home